Period: as soon as possible, starting March or April 2022.
Topic:From Internet of Behaviors to Internet of Emotions
Internet of Behaviors (IoB) is an emerging area of research.
“The Internet of Behaviors is an area of research and development (R&D) that seeks to understand how, when and why humans use technology to make purchasing decisions. IoB combines three fields of study: behavioral science, edge analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT).”
Source: techopedia (2022/01/30).
The primary purpose of IoB is marketing and how to enhance it using the massive data produces by the Internet of Things.
In some ways, the so-called “Internet of Emotions” is the affective refinement of IoB. It shareS some common tools and purpose but focus on a better understanding of humanemotional experience. From
This internship proposal is an open internship on the state of the art in IoB computing research. The goal is to explore the future of Internet and its applications. The envisioned steps are as follows.
- First, provide a survey on IoB and IoE researchs, projects, and products if any.
- Second, define the science fields that work on this topic and how they interact.
- Third, define what could be an experimental platform for IoB/IoE research projet: devices, networks, sensors and monitoring tools, softwares (big data analysis, AI…), computing resources…
The use case we’d like to address in the context of this proposal corresponds to MMOG (Massive Multiplayer Online Games) or Metaverses.
Applicant would have a deep knowledge of Internet architecture, especially IoT, and, skills on sciences of data. Being aware of Affective Computing and/or Neurosciences is an interesting ability but not mandatory at this step.
- Eric Gressier Soudan, eric dot gressiersoudan at lecnam dot net, professor, CNAM, Cedric, Team ROC
- Guy Pujolle, guy dot pujolle at green-communications dot com, professor emeritus, Sorbonne Université, LIP6, Team Phare